Wednesday, April 13, 2016

School slut-shames teacher

What we really need to do now is start teaching privacy rights in grade school, before kids can develop the nothing that "just because I can share it with the damn world, doesn't mean it's ethical, legal, and won't get my ass doxxed for doing it."






Breach of privacy, invasion (and theft) of personal property, deliberate attempt to publicly humiliate and ruin another person, apparently over some petty childish revenge (probably petty, moronic, childish revenge for some other action the student was justly punished for in the first place).

I say another case where the schools - and social reinforcement from classmates - can supplement the home system. Argue the ethics at home, the laws at school, but you run a "game" where school kids sneak pix of each other in class, then throw them up on a big screen, and suddenly they start grasping the concept of "Hey, that's mean to take a picture of me picking my nose when I thought no one was looking!" and the "Oh, shit" factor sinks in really fast about the damage sending half-nekked pix (especially selfies) will do.



No comments :

Post a Comment