Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Own a gun. I don't care. Just don't be an asshole about it.

I'm not opposed to firearms. I'm opposed to people being careless, reckless, foolish or stupid about firearms.

Now, keep in mind that those terms also apply to the attitude about how one treats other people.

I read a thread by a guy who said "We had this guy in our gaming group, and we'd host the game at our house. One day his shirt falls aside and he's Open Carrying a handgun. We explained we don't want guns in our home, and would he please take it to his car and leave it there in the future. We never saw him again."

Now, said gun owner had every legal right to carry his gun (outside their private property), and every privilege to leave and not return, but it emphasizes my point about his selfishness in not ever having bothered to ask the family if they would mind if he wore a gun INTO THEIR HOME.

Similarly, many gun owners say "open carry is my right and fuck anyone afraid of me, let them run!"

Those gun owners may be reasonably nice people, but it's very rude and inconsiderate to walk around passively threatening people and get off on it.

Own a gun. I don't care. Just don't be an asshole about it.



No comments :

Post a Comment