Monday, August 15, 2016

Music Monday - Butcher Babies Monster's Ball

Unclean lyrics are such a bitch to pull off, especially with a female vocalist. This vid combines my rage expression envy with my fetish for body paint (Heidi Shepherd's zipper face is all the more creepy for managing to be sexy at the same time), a good mosh, and the fantasy elements that make "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" worth watching.

Combo with Carla Harvey's amazing rap-like statico and I'm burning mobile bandwidth needlessly banging my head on the bus ;)



As much as I love the seemingly effortless grinding delivery of Shepherd and Harvey, I think if I were to pull an Ursula and steal a singing voice, Elize Ryd would be my top, then Alissa White-Gluz.

Ryd's voice is so frickin' smooth, it's pure ear candy, even watching her in behind-the-scenes vids. I think I could seduce the world with that voice.

I love how Shepherd switches in and out of the unclean lyrics so smoothly, and she does a powerful MC delivery in this vid. Even so, I find White-Gluz has a deeper and slicker kind of rage thing that provides smoother expression, without Shepherd's hint of nails-on-a-chalkboard irritating harmonic tint (it works well for BB's sounds, but would turn me off quickly, without Harvey's counter part).

Heidi Shepherd (left), Carla Harvey (right)





No comments :

Post a Comment