Friday, March 27, 2015

The Accuracy of My Remarks

My remarks only need to be accurate enough to hit the "Wait? What?" area of your brain.

Let's be clear: I do make an effort to check my facts, to understand what is really going on, and to be truthful. I even correct my mistakes when found, and have been known to apologize for making errors. However,...

My goal is NOT to try and convince you to agree with me.

My goal is to shake you from entrenchment and complacency in whatever belief system you have.

I want you to periodically re-evaluate that belief system, and decide if it still works.

If it does - great!

I may, or may not, agree with whatever belief system you hold, but as long as you understand the true nature of your belief system, and the true nature of your attachment to it, then I'm satisfied.

First and foremost, I just want people to use their damn brains.

Once they're doing that, then we can have meaningful conversations about what I consider moral and ethical behavior.

You might even teach me something, and that is a win-win.




No comments :

Post a Comment