Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!!





Yes, I have a mother. Despite popular misconception, I was not spontaneously generated from the migraine of a skygod (that was Athena, although I can understand the mistake).  Yes, she is still alive, and yes, I've already talked to her.  I am grateful that my mother and I get along very well.

Motherhood is totally undervalued by everyone, which is really amazing, since everyone has a mother. While it is possible not everyone knows who his, or her, mother was, she still existed.  Motherhood is both a physical component (pregnancy, delivery) and an emotional and psychological one (nursing, nurturing).

On this day (Mothers' Day in the United States), take a minute to say "thank you," to your mom, or her memory, because it's the right thing to do. 

--@@--

On a total technical tangent, while I am a grammar snob and want to spell it "Mothers' " - the plural possessive, the Wikipedia article has a section explaining why the official proper title is "Mother's" with the singular possessive.  Frankly, I think it's awesome that Anna Jarvis had the foresight to trademark the phrases used with the day.  It's sick shit how people will steal trademarks these days, and really discouraging how expensive the damn things are for small operators (while the mega-corp operators still won't give a crap and can lock up even the vaguest trademarks with impunity).

And finally, the text banner generated using www.cooltext.com.

Peace out ;-)






No comments :

Post a Comment