Tuesday, May 5, 2015

TWO! HUNDRED! POSTS!




When I started this blog, I had no idea I had so much to say.




But, every day, there is something interesting to talk about.  




Mostly it's how fucking stupid people are.  I mean, for crying out loud! How can "common sense" be so rare as to be non-existent. How can people get so wound up over tribalism - by any other name such as "nationalism," or "racism," or "sexism,"  - but that's what it all boils down to.





Simple stupid, ignorant self-interest. It's all about soothing our own childish egos and feeling good about ourselves. Whether that  means overeating, or goofing off on social media, or putting other people down, or - my favorite - just having more money and power than anyone else. (aka "having a bigger dick").


So, here I am.  Two hundred posts on "Icarus Rants" (note that this two hundred doesn't include the spin-off blogs "Church of the Ignorant Fool" or "I tell you. You decide if you care").

So, anyway.  I rant a lot.  It's very therapeutic.

Thank you for going on this wide ride with me!! ;-)






#IAmIcarus


No comments :

Post a Comment