Friday, May 8, 2015

You know I love you, but I gotta cut back on digital stimulants

I NEED to unplug. I don't know which I fear more: being doxxed while offline and defenseless, or simply being forgotten.

I think I've just nailed why I MUST unplug.  I think the word I'm looking for is "addiction," and that ain't healthy.

I have been thinking about this for a long time, it's just that this week, something finally snapped, and so I'm actually going to do it.

I'm losing my edge. I just had an argument with a sub-par troll, and when asked why, I didn't really know the answer. I got something out of the pointless exchange, but I can't even put my finger on what.

You guys are my secret community. No one in the meat world crosses over to this life. I can say anything here, and feel some measure of insulation from everyday concerns. Here, with you, I don't have to hold back. Here, I'm about as unbridled and free as I can ever be.

I love you all. I love entertaining you and being entertained by you. I love sharing energy, thoughts, words and experiences with you.  I love seeing what you're going to give a crap about next, what winds you up, what makes you happy.  You've become part of me, and that means a lot to me.

Friday night is when I usually go offline. This time I'm going to have my password changed by the one person I trust. He has orders not to release it for at least two weeks.  I bet after two weeks without my therapy community (you guys), he'll force my password on me, just because he'll get tired of listening to all the noise in my head.  That's both sad and funny at the same time.


Between the three blogs, I'm dumping out a lot of energy. Five-a-week is actually easy for me to produce content, because I have a lot of mental energy, and the blogs are a great release of energy, but I need that energy for other things right now.

I need to pass some tough exams to advance from a job to a career, so I need the energy to study.

After that, I've got some pure fiction projects I want to polish to enter some competitions, but made myself promise to wait until the exams are done.

Keep visiting this site to see what new material spills forth! I've got the autoblog queued up to post very-nearly every day from now into June.

(I don't know the model's name; she's on Snorg Tees, so go click about and see for yourself. :)

I leave you with one final thought:



I love you all! Wish me luck! Remember me!


#IAmIcarus


No comments :

Post a Comment