Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Ironic how anti-vaxxers co-opted the foundation pro-choice advocates created


"My body, my choice" was the key phrase for decades for those seeking to protect a woman's right to safe, legal, termination of a pregnancy (including those gone sideways and become deadly to the mother).

Ironic, then, that "My body, my choice" was co-opted by anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Which means, in no uncertain terms: Loss of right to bodily autonomy - e.g. not being allowed to terminate a pregnancy - is exactly the same loss of right to bodily autonomy to say no to a vaccine, or no to wearing a mask.

They're ALL protected by the 4th and 14th Amendments. So, congrats anti-vaxxers - you've just seen your rights eroded.

2 comments :

  1. This isn't limited to US either. The same arguments are made here in the UK, and people are trying to erode abortion access too. It's so awful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that Icarus is still around! I am super happy to see there is someone in the US I can still call sane :D

    ReplyDelete