Monday, May 30, 2016

Musical Monday: GWAR does Carry On Wayward Son

Unless you're still in grade school, you've almost certainly heard the Kansas song "Carry On Wayward Son."  It's like a classic, and it still gets buttloads of air time.





Well, some guys did this whatever, pulling in totally wrong bands to remake these classics.  That's why GWAR was doing "Carry On Wayward Son," and why I'm writing this.

I'd heard of GWAR, but didn't know who they were.  I think their look is hilarious, but that's beside the point.  I mean, okay, they totally own the WoW cosplay thing, right?  I've clicked on a few of their other vids, and they're definitely "art shop" rock.

Anyway, I think they got the musical part of "Wayward Son" down really well. I actually like their reinterpretation.

I suspect the lead vocalist has a good voice, but I can't hear a damn word he sings.  Seriously, guys, if you're going to even bother with having a vocalist, make sure people can hear your singer!  Ugh.



Even if he does have a good voice, or even is funny with intentionally flubbing the lyrics, you can't hear him! So, you know, just watch it for the music ;-)



No comments :

Post a Comment